Monday, February 3, 2014

The Super Bowl Movie Trailers

So a lot of people experienced the blow out that was The Super Bowl yesterday. Part of me really felt bad for the Bronco fans, the better part of me though was happy for my home town winning as they did. It was a great game to watch, or at least I thought it was. But there was another reason to watch the Super Bowl, and that is the commercials. Mostly the ones I look forward to are the movie trailers and this year I was not disappointed.

So I want to talk about them a little. First off lets talk about Transformers: Age of Extinction. Now it's another outing in the Transformers universe curtesy of Michael Bay and that right there is enough to make me wince. I grew up on the G1 cartoon and toys. Beast Wars has been my favorite story in the Transformers mythos. I'd consider myself a pretty decent fan of the franchise as a whole. Mr. Bay's first move had heart and I could see what he was trying to do, the second just made me want to pretend it didn't happen, and the third while enjoyable as an action flick made me sad that it was labeled Transformers. When it was announced he would be coming back and continuing on it really didn't interest me. It wasn't something that was even on my radar. That changed with the trailer. Oh my gosh, it actually looked like it might give the spot light to the Transformers more then the human element. Plus DINOBOTS! I've gone from wanting to wait for it to be on DVD to wanting to see it in theaters. I think that is what a trailer should do.



The trailer I was most excited about was The Amazing Spider-man 2. I've been stoked ever sense Sony announced that there would be a trailer during the Super Bowl. This trailer didn't disappoint me in the least. Instead it had me asking, "What the hell?" I knew Electro was going to be in it, I knew they were introducing Harry, and that the Rhino would play a roll too, but I was not expecting to get hints of other villains of seeing that there was a lot more going on then anyone thought. Where Spider-man 3 looked crowded Amazing Spider-man 2 looks like the logical step in this story. Plus do we get hints of what will happen to Gwen and where?



Then their was the Captain America: The Winter Soldier teaser. Can't say I loved the first Captain America movie, and the teaser didn't do it for me either. This is probably the least excited I am for a Marvel film in their phase 2. A trailer should make me want to see it, this just makes it look like it will be a generic action flick, and I just expect more from Marvel films.


So got some movies coming this year that I'm looking forward to, some that have yet to make me go "Wow, I need to see that", and others that surprised me. Yet in all the game didn't disappoint, and I don't think these movies will either.

No comments:

Post a Comment